New Miami Middle/High School recognizes the importance of communication and collaboration and provides devices for students to be productive in the classroom. To keep the focus on academics and to reduce unnecessary distractions, the school will enforce the following procedures for the 2019/2020 school year:
- Cell phones and all mobile devices shall be IN SILENT MODE after breakfast.
- Cell phones and all mobile devices shall be kept in a student's locker - not in clothing pockets.
- Cell phones and all mobile devices are not allowed to be used in a classroom, library, cafeteria, common areas, or restrooms.
- Cell phones and all mobile devices can be turned back on at the end of the school day and used to communicate directly with parents/friends who are assisting in transportation or after school activities.
- If a student needs to make a call during the day, they may use the phone in the classroom or may come to the office.
Please use the link below to read the entire message from the Principal.
Away for the Day