SCHOOL INFORMATION, EMERGENCY ALERTS, AND INCLEMENT WEATHER INFORMATION
The following information is provided through TRZ Communications, the district's information notification system.
Important School & District News
School Closing & Delay Information
School Information Resources:
TRZ Communications all-call service has the capability to send information via text. The text is integrated with the phone app in a way that does not allow the text message to be falsified.
The district maintains up-to-date student contact records to our communication services through a software program that updates this information from our state database.
We want to make sure each and every family is able to access all district and school information. Please contact the main office of your child's school, if your home phone, mobile phone, or email address changes so that we can make sure we always have accurate contact information for your family.
Please follow school and district highlights via social media! New Miami Facebook, New Miami Website, and Class DOJO
Inclement Weather Guidelines & Communications
The following guidelines are used by New Miami Local Schools when inclement weather occurs. The safety of our students and staff is the most important factor used in deciding whether to delay, dismiss early, or close school.
Once weather predictions are announced by the National Weather Service, school officials monitor multiple forecasting tools, travel the roads, and check the actual conditions. Local crews and Ohio Department of Transportation provide great service in clearing and maintaining our roads and community streets.
- When inclement weather is a strong possibility or reality, one of three decisions will be made by the school administration: either we will be on a 2-hour delay, dismiss early, or we will be closed. No announcement means "school as usual."
- When a 2-hour delay is issued, AM Preschool will be canceled for that day.
- When possible, we will attempt to make the decision to delay or close school the evening prior to the affected day.
- If we need to make the decision to delay or cancel school after 12:00 am, communications will be issued no earlier than 5:00 A.M.
- School offices are closed on days school has been canceled.
- New Miami Local Schools' athletic events will be determined by the Athletic Director depending on changes in weather throughout the day or evening when events are scheduled. Individual coaches will notify their teams.
Closing for Extreme Cold Weather
New Miami Local Schools may close on days when the temperature and/or wind chill factors are dangerously cold. Points where temperature, wind speed and exposure time will produce frostbite if skin is exposed for periods over 10 -15 minutes. This consideration is made due to students walking to school and waiting at bus stops. We consider extreme cold a safety issue.
Broadcast TV News stations that cover the local area:
WLWT Cincinnati (Channel 5)
WCPO Cincinnati (Channel 9)
WKRC Cincinnati (Channel 12)
WXIX Cincinnati (Channel 19)
New Miami Local School District is committed to providing a safe environment for students, staff, and visitors. We work closely with our local safety officials – sheriff, police, fire and county emergency authorities to ensure our schools are well prepared for an emergency.
In a school emergency, the first instinct of many parents is to call their child or rush to the school. The best action parents can take in an emergency is to stay close to their phones and emails in order to monitor reports for regular updates and instructions.
The first priority is to make sure that everyone is safe! Alerts will be issued in a timely manner to keep everyone informed of the situation.
• DON’T come to your child’s school during emergency situations. The school access route and street entrance areas must remain clear for emergency vehicles. School entrance doors will be locked and will not be open to others to enter during an emergency.
• AVOID calling the school or the district offices during the emergency. Please leave our lines open for emergency calls
• STAY CLOSE to the telephone listed on your child’s emergency card for district updates through our automated telephone system or text messages
• ENCOURAGE your child to follow the school staff instructions and remain in the designated evacuation area until an authorized adult picks them up